CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Liquid Silk... whatever that is.

I am sooooo not a morning person. But really truly wish that I was. I blame it on the fact that I have a hard time falling asleep at night, which causes me to be up late, which causes me to want to sleep in in the morning. I also blame it on the fact that there was always a reason "forcing" me to get up at the crack.... no no.... BEFORE the crack of dawn. There was early morning practice, seminary, oh yeah, and more morning practice... and then after college my roommate and/or friend and I would get up early to surf before work. Now that I don't have anything forcing me to get up.... I simply don't.

There is the occasional day where I will get up early to surf (lets face it those are far and few between especially since I wasn't surfing for the past few months), but today was one of those days. I got up at 5:30 am before the sun was up, put on my suit, grabbed my board and a PB&J and was out the door. The air was still a little bit chilly but the water was amazing! It was perfect. The first north swell of the season was today and we were on it. Our first stop was turtle bay but there wasn't much of anything there. I'm still glad we checked it out because the sight was absolutely breathtaking. Sure sunrises and sunsets are beautiful but what I saw this morning was even better, the big full moon low in the sky reflecting off the glassy ocean. And the moon wasn't white but had a little orange tint to it.

So we continued on and hopped in the water at one of our favorite spots. Paddling through the water felt like I was dipping my arms into liquid silk... if there was such a thing.

Its mornings like this one that makes me think that I need to learn how to wake up early. Like I said, pure perfection... now if only I could remember how to surf!

6 comments:

jen said...

you make me wish i was a surfer!

ashley said...

we are on it tomorrow am, before this swell is gone! i love glassy mornings being out when the sunrises! makes me happy just thinking about it!

Lacey said...

malia, how funny I just posted something on how i love getting up in the morning to see the sunrise! Its hard to get up early, but it's so worth it, isn't it? I always feel like getting up early makes the day so much better--besides being tired the rest of the day lol.

mahina said...

i think it must be a genetic thing! all of us tarayao's are that way, except, of course mom, but she married into the family! her genes must be different! haha!

The Foys said...

I agree, it kinda does make you want to be a surfer....I also felt like I was reading the script for an Endless Summer movie! =) Hope you have more morning like that!

tutu lady said...

Sorry, I've been out of touch for awhile, but what a nice post to wake up to, (so to speak). I'll bet if you start getting up early, you'll get to sleep earlier too. remember, "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man Healthy, Wealthy and WISE"! Don't you want that?

What a great morning. Wish I was there too! But Hawaii makes me want to sleep in too.