CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

#1: Enroll in NYIP. CHECK!!! Giddy as a school girl!

Everyday for the past week I have been checking the mail eagerly awaiting the arrival of a brown box from here:




Inside I would find this:


Yesterday the box finally arrived!

That's right kids, Malia is back in school!!! Well not really "IN" school, but enrolled as a student of the New York Institute of Photography! This is a complete course in professional photography that covers all sorts of different types of photography as well as techniques to help you become a better photographer. It also covers the business side of photography so once i'm finished, I'll not only have the skills but all the knowledge and know-how to make this my work! It's sort of like taking online classes except not. Its more of a correspondence thing where they send me the lessons and tests and video/audio to help me understand the lessons I read through, and then I send them my tests and assignments. Then they grade the tests and critique my photos on a tape recorder so I can actually hear what they have to say about my work! Can you tell I'm excited about this?! Cuz I am!

In the past I have known people who were able to go to school with their siblings and I always thought that would be so cool! I thought it would be fun to be in school with my sister and now we sort of are! Mahina found this school, researched it and told me about it. I was super excited about it and wanted to us to be able to do it together. She signed up a couple of months ago and while I was in Oregon I was able to look at a few of the lessons. I was able to sign up a week or 2 ago and now we'll be able to go through the course together! We probably won't be doing it at the same exact pace but I'm super excited about it anyway! We have 3 years to complete the course but we go at our own pace and people have taken anywhere from 6 months up to the full 3 years to do it. We'll see how I go through it.

Oh yeah by the way....


#1 Enroll in NYIP...... COMPLETED!!!

You can check on my 101 list on the side bar!

7 comments:

ashley said...

wow, that is so rad! i am going to call you next week to find out some details, i would love to get in on something like this! so fun, and your going to learn so much!

Scrappy said...

That is so awesome! I can't imagine what you will be capable of when you are done, you are already so good! I hope you will post some of your work here for all of us to see.
Congratulations on checking off another goal on your list!

Nana said...

I think it would be fun to see you post some of your assignments...I love to see your work anyway.

mahina said...

yay! you did it!! it will be fun to do it together, although, i am pretty sure you will finish way before i do! heck, you've already read more than i have and that was BEFORE you signed up! you have 3fewer distractions than i do!

i keep thinking that i enrolled at a bad time. what, with the moving and the sickness i had, and the "other thing". i'm just glad i have 3 years to complete the course! hopefully, once we are settled in abq, and lala and nani are both in school i will have a little more time, at least until february!

it will be fun to see your work as you learn more!

Erin said...

that is soooo awesome! you are totally going to get an A+ for sure!

Michal said...

i am so excited for you. that's wonderful. i can't wait to see your assignments.

The Foys said...

That sounds sooo fun! Keep us posted on how it goes, and some of your projects! ....Good luck! =)