CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Smoke on the water and fire in the sky" Deep Purple

Wow yesterday was a busy day! I was out of the house from 9am until 11:15pm! It started with a water polo fundraiser where we were selling shirts for the Waiamea Bay Lifeguards. We were there all day while there was a paddle board race going on and the coolest little Keiki (kid) challenge! We made some good money going towards our Maui trip! It was a long day and I was ready to crash but had to go straight in to work for a couple hours. I had to work right up until the fireworks were gonna be going off so we ran over to turtle bay so we could catch the show!

It was the coolest ever! They were shooting them off so you could see them great from the water so thats where we decided to set up! We parked outside of turtle bay on the road and ran in as fast as we could and paddled out!

Thats me running...



Just as we were paddling out they started to fire them off!


We brought our water camera with us... but obviously you can't really take pictures of fireworks when your in the water! It just doesn't work! But thats a blurry picture of me out in the water with the fireworks behind me in the air and reflecting off the water! It was soo beautiful!

It was 2 parts a little freaky and 8 parts the coolest thing ever! It was hard to see the waves coming so I got blasted once and who knows whats out there in the dark. There were a bunch of other people out there also so that made me feel a little better... I figured if a shark came they would go after the floaty raft before me! Haha!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!

7 comments:

Lisa Jarvie said...

Sounds like a really fun 4th! We are having a singles ward pool party right now and your dad is busy cooking a delicious meal--Jeff just brought me a sample of hawaiian rib that is so yummy! Kawika is in the pool throwing the water polo ball around. All we'd need is you guys and tutu lady and the party would be complete! Love you....

tutu lady said...

That looks like a lovely way to watch fireworks. And so cool too. I'm sweatin' it up here in Oregon. The only fireworks I saw here were the Costco variety. Harmless middle of the street kind. But fun watching the little people scream and scurry about. Kawena liked them as long as they were way up the street, but when we started ours, near by, she freeked! She covered her eyes and burried her face in my shoulder.

Lacey said...

Very cool, Malia! I bet the fireworks were amazing out in the water! We'll have to try that next year!

The Foys said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! What a great way to watch the fireworks!! A little creepy, being out in the ocean at night, but it looks like it was totally worth it!!...Im glad you guys had a fun holiday!! Love and miss you guys!!

karebear said...

fun! that's so cool you guys went surfing next to the fireworks. hows the new board? and it was so good talking with you guys! we miss you!

mahina said...

you guys can always find a more exciting way to do things! that's great! i think the dark water would scare me a little bit! glad you didn't have a run in with any sharks!

Michal said...

you are so much braver than i am. enough said!