CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shameless Advertisment


Surfing for me is not only an escape from the never ending demands of life out of the ocean, its also a space that fosters clarity of thought and revelation. While drifting idly in between the larger sets, my mind passively wanders back to the expectations of society on our little family. I think about cost of living, the prospect of owning our own house rather then renting, I think about my two jobs and my wife's day job and entrepreneurial ventures in Photography. I think about my family all across the mainland and wish so badly the could share in the beauty of the place we live. I think about finishing school (April 10) and how much that will change my daily life (basically replace school time with more surf time). I think about how blessed I am with good health, an amazing talented wife and a great family. Then a wave comes and I aggressively switch all my focus to the contours of the "bowl" (surf term describing the sharp curvature of the wave as it pitches)
Today while surfing some one asked me how, as a Life insurance agent, do I find new prospects. I wanted to say that there was more to what I do then simply opening my mouth but I couldn't. He caught a wave and I was left out the back floating by myself staring lazily at the sloshing horizon. My mind began, "how can I diversify the way I market my self as a salesman? Knocking on doors? fliers at school? free food and seminars? booths at public festivals? nah..." And then the genius idea seamed to fly through the salt air, into my eyes, soaking my brain... I thought..."ya, I should do a post advertising my services..."
Im sure Ill eventually have to make my own Life Insurance Blog to facilitate the high number of hits ;)
so coming soon to Ke Ola Maika'i...Stuarts shameless life Insurance advertisement...



This is is called negotiating the "Bowl"...all you who don't surf, see how much your learning?

4 comments:

Nana said...

I am afraid we have become accustomed to Malia's beautiful photos and wifely musing. You will definitely need your own blog - may I suggest lots of photos.
Link to Malia's, and we promise to click over and become educated.

tutu lady said...

Great idea!, I mean Nana's.

Yes, I am learning a lot (about surfing). Is that you in the red shirt? Wow, lookin' good! Now that is a beautiful wave and photo.

So far only moms are tuning in. But it's only a matter of time. We'll steer everyone your way. Aloha!

Malia said...

I love you lots and lots!

Malia said...

and here's another comment for you.... just in case you are like me and need to see whose reading and feel better when the number of comments goes up! Loves.